- JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, RBS, AXA, Prudential, Legal & General and Swiss Re joined together to develop a traded marketplace in longevity risk via the Life & Longevity Markets Association (LLMA).
- FWD was appointed to announce the launch of the LLMA and raise the association’s profile. The launch generated c.80 press articles with a readership of over 23 million people.
- The association only promoted its launch via PR – without the use of advertising, sales or digital activity.
- All hits on the website, which exceeded 500 per day both at launch and following the publication of the first longevity index framework, came from people who read articles in the press and online.
- Presence was achieved in Financial Times, The Economist, Reuters, The New York Times, Financial News and Professional Pensions.